Friday, March 19, 2010

Arrival to Hong Kong








We make to the airport on time and get on our flight to Hong Kong. I am certain we all fell asleep! Everyone was excited for warm weather, we had definitely had all we wanted of the cold. It was beautiful flying in over the mountains and ocean. We gather up the numerous bags of luggage and head through customs.
Well...that was quite an experience. After waiting for several minutes as the attendant checked mine, he said "Please come with me." Curtis went into protective mode to ask what was wrong and they really didn't give much info. First, I was taken to a little booth and waited only to be told by another official to follow him. Curtis went to back to the group and I assured him I was fine. Down a long hallway and into a holding room I was told to take a seat, with only one row in the room empty I sat down, sure I was touching many germs! Needless to say, I was the only blonde fair complected person in the room. As I passed the officials they all looked up and chuckled as I passed them, obvious I was in the wrong place! Several, several, anxiety provoking minutes later, an official took me to a consulting room and explained that my name was too common for their country, etc., etc. All I wanted to hear at that time was that I was released!

I then journeyed through the long hall back to customs and entered the other side finally! Nana of course was crying when she saw me!

We drove to the Disneyland Resort and saw beautiful mountains in the background. After a long check in, Mike and I of course had to find better rooms, so that we could have breakfast without all the hassle of millions of people, then fight over who got the ocean view room. He won!

To the pool to relax for awhile. Then off to Disneyland...the girls were precious they were so excited. But, Nana and I had to wait a bit to go because Curt decided he wanted to enjoy a massage as his birthday present. Disneyland was fun, we rode a few rides and saw a magificant fireworks display. By the end of the park adventure we were all starving and exhausted and decided to call it a night after dinner at the hotel. Macy fell asleep at the table and had quite a little accident when her Daddy thought she was awake, stood her up, then crash...she was falling into the chairs! She recovered quickly and we all headed to our rooms, only to realize we waiting for several minutes for the elevator to go, and we hadn't put our key in to go to our level.

1 comment:

  1. Do they have the same rides at Disneyland Hong Kong? Doesn't Uncle Mike really like Space Mountain??

    ReplyDelete