Saturday, March 20, 2010

Disneyland and Hong Kong Symphony of Lights
















I wake up to a light tapping on the door at 6:00 a.m. Upon opening the door I see Mike and Sheri in matching Disney robes with coffee in hand, singing the Barney song "I love you, you love me..." The evening before had not ended with happy feelings when Macy fell over and while walking back to our rooms down the seemingly never ending hallway, I suggested they held hands and sang the Barney song like I made Sarah and Curtis do when they were young and had disagreements! We were all relieved to feel the love again!
Off to Disneyland, everyone excited to ride the rides and see Mickey! After a few rides, I muster up enough courage, with Macy as my motivator, and ride Space Mountain. I was more than reassured with her holding my hand the entire ride and letting me know that if an 8 year old could do it, so could I! Katy was paired off with Curtis and reassuring me there was nothing to be scared about, even requesting to sit front seat with hands in the air. Then to the Golden Mickey Awards show, where Sheri was quite intrigued by Tarzan.

Lunch, then to the subway into Hong Kong. Another amazing site, huge buildings everywhere with a beautiful harbor. Curtis and Sheri were nominated chief Indians by Uncle Mike and the rest of us were to follow. After many turns and escaltors and walkways, we arrived at our desitination....California Pizza Kitchen. It was definitely an Okie in China experience. The sweet waitress finally brings us our drinks, only to drop an empty wine glass on Sheri and it brakes. After cleaning that all up, she brings the bottle of wine only to open it and splash all over my face!

With our assigned guides, we head to the harbor to watch the symphony of lights. Getting us all safely to an area was quite a feat in itself. The light show was pretty and very interesting, but maybe a little different than we had anticapated. Back to the long ride to the hotel on the subway, but funny saying of the day was Macy "Why does Curtis have to buy adult tickets when he's just a child?" Precious as usual.

Last day tomorrow...Our plans change by the minute, but seems for sure back to Hong Kong and maybe another site.










No comments:

Post a Comment